Hey there! It’s time for this week’s Recipe Pick of the Week. If you’re new around here, each week Kam, my husband, picks his favorite meal from the week, and I share the recipe with you lovely people! This week his favorite recipe was chicken enchiladas! He loves Mexican food, and these chicken enchiladas are easy and delicious!
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
1 pound cooked chicken (shredded or cubed)
1 box red beans and rice (or black beans and rice)
16 oz sour cream
1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 package taco seasoning
1 package (8 – 10) tortilla shells
8 oz salsa
2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice and beans according to package directions.
- While rice and beans are cooking, mix sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, and taco seasoning and set aside.
- Once rice and beans are finished cooking add to cooked chicken.
- Spray a 9×13 in pan with cooking spray.
- Lay out tortilla shells and fill with rice mixture and a little salsa.
- Roll tortilla like a burrito and place seam down in the pan.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the pan is full. (I can usually get 7 ish tortillas in my pan depending on how full they are)
- Once the pan is full, spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the filled tortillas.
- Top with your choice of shredded cheese (we like mexican or taco blend).
- Place in preheated oven and bake 30 – 45 minutes or until bubbly around the edges and hot.
This recipe doubles really well if you’re cooking for a group! If you double it, consider using one box of red beans and rice and one box of black beans and rice. It’s so yummy! If you try it out, be sure to let me know if you and your family enjoyed it!